As the adage goes, “you are only as good as the tools you use”.
Today, we should be fully cognizant of the concept of having the right tools for the right job. Likewise, when it comes to a chore that most of us in Singapore love to hate – cleaning – having the right gear is imperative. If you are still clinging on to that grimy ol’ sponge or cotton rag of yours, it is about time to ditch them all. Why? Because our goal is to help you clean smarter, not harder. That said, allow us to introduce something revolutionary and life-changing, a cleaning tool that you never knew you need: Microfibre cloth.
Whether is it house cleaning or office cleaning, there is just something so special about microfibre cloths that experts from cleaning companies in Singapore and beyond swear by. We too, love the aid of a good do-it-all microfibre cloth throughout our services. But what is it that makes it so outstanding?
Surprise, surprise – it’s not magic, but a whole lot of real science behind its power. And before we dive into all of that, let’s first talk about what microfibre cloth really is.
What Exactly is Microfibre Cloth?
As its name suggests, microfibre cloth is made up of super-thin microfibres – a synthetic material that comprises polyester and polyamide. Polyester provides the structure of a cloth, while polyamide allows high water absorption.
Fun fact: Microfibre is 200 times thinner than the diameter of a single human hair!
What Makes it Such a Cleaning Workhorse?
Thanks to the inclusion of both positive-charged and negative-charged components, microfibre cloths have the ability attract and pull up even the tiniest, most microscopic dirt particles, and hard-to-kill spores – doing the job that its ordinary counterparts fail to execute.
As you may have heard of this principle in chemistry classes, microfibre cloths leverage something called the ‘van der Waals forces’.
When employing microfibre cloths, there is no need for harsh chemicals and detergents whatsoever – all they need is water to lock up dirt. This massively reduces your exposure to these harmful substances. At the same time, you are playing a part in reducing pollution from cleaning chemicals too!
If all these are not enough to impress, here are more benefits of microfibre cloth you ought to know:
- It is lint-free and non-abrasive: When you clean with a microfibre cloth, you can
rest easy knowing that it will not leave any scratches nor lint on any
- It is a cost-effective cleaning
solution: As revealed earlier, you can eliminate
the need for cleaning products with a microfibre cloth. Naturally, this
translates to dramatic savings in the long run.
- It is versatile: From windows and mirrors to chrome fixtures,
showerheads and more, microfibre cloth works profoundly well on virtually any
kind of surfaces. There’s nothing much out there that microfibre cloths can’t
- It dries particularly fast: Thanks to its unique loop weave, microfibre cloth
dries in one-third the duration of ordinary cloths. This also makes it harder
for bacteria to grow.
- It is long-lasting: With a much longer lifespan, microfibre cloths can
easily outlast other cleaning cloths, including cotton ones. Of course, this
comes with proper care and maintenance.
- It can help to prevent cross-contamination: Steer clear of cross-contamination with the help of microfibre cloths. Available in a wide variety of colours, microfibre cloths enable you to implement a colour-coding system for your day-to-day cleaning endeavour – designating specific colours for a particular area. If you don’t already know, colour-coding has been employed throughout our house and office cleaning services in Singapore – and our cleaning experts can surely vouch for this methodology.
By now, it is clear that the advantages of microfibre cloths are aplenty – so be sure to keep them on your radar!